Friday, October 2, 2009

hey soph

today in my new cool work nabe (described perfectly by a reviewer as "on the transitional frontier between proletarian chinatown and posh soho") as i was headed out in the late afternoon for some much-need warm caffeine, i spotted sofia coppola walking towards me. she is distinctive looking, and yet also fairly normal in appearance at the same time. (i was on the phone with s and told him about my sighting, and he said "i wouldn't have recognized her." but he doesn't love marc jacobs or "the virgin suicides" as much as some people i know, so that makes sense to me.) anyways, i was overwhelmed by a desire to say hello to her.

i'm sure we're all glad that i did not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is divine! I recently saw Candice Bergen on the high line, and was all "oh murphy, you have let your self go..". but sofia?.. good eye.