Saturday, November 10, 2007

christmas is all around me

i am a big fan of christmas, and all the holiday tradition that entails, but i had not thought about it at all yet, in large part due to my unemployment, and my time being more about countdown to job than countdown to holiday. but it suddenly was winter in new york this past week, and cold cold cold, and i have not been able to find my winter coat, so this past friday after meeting s for dinner (he worked eight hours friday day and then seven hours friday night, poor thing) i took myself shopping. i went into macy's for a puffy coat with a fake-fur hood (i know, i know, so ghetto-fabulous, right?) and i was taken aback by the christmas decorations. and i know that they've probably been up since before labor day, but there is nothing like cold hands and red tinsel to make me feel like the holidays are upon us. macy's just looked so lovely and cheerful and welcoming and it made me smile.

i need to make a list of presents to buy.

No comments: