Friday, November 16, 2007

a real famous person!

on monday (i know, much belated) i was walking to the columbus circle station to catch the train home and eat the taco salad i was planning to make (it was no-money mondays) and i was looking in front of me when i thought to myself "that looks like dustin hoffman." he was yawning. and then when i got closer to him and his tall companion, he moved from yawn to words and i heard his dustin hoffman voice, and i got very excited. i had a huge grin on my face the whole way to the subway, and i even tried to call my mother but i had gloves on and it was too complicated. he was very short, also. this is exciting for two reasons:

a) i love dustin hoffman. he has been in a lot of movies i love for a variety of reasons. (see: hook, kramer vs. kramer, i heart huckabees.)

b) i NEVER see famous people. i am famous for this inability. when i was in school, janeane garofolo banked at my bank; i never saw her. (side note: i knew how to spell garofolo, but not janeane, which i had to look up.) matt damon got coffee at my starbucks; i never saw him. ben stiller and christine taylor lived on my block; i never saw them. they filmed sex and the city outside my door; i saw only jennifer cooldige (whom i like very much, but she is no sjp.) i was once walking with my family and bernadette peters was walking in front of us and later they were all "ooh, bernadette peters" and i was like "when?! how did i miss that?!" so for me, to see a celebrity, is kind of exciting. next i want to meet one. or be one. whichever.

No comments: