Saturday, March 15, 2008

goin' to carolina

dearest new york,

you did this on purpose, didn't you? the day i am all set to jet off to charleston, thinking "see ya, eskimo city", you get warm and beautiful, all blue skys and light breezes. feels like fifty-two degrees? where were you last week? and i bet you made sure s didn't have to work today, so that we could go run errands in the sunshine and coo at puppies in t-shirts and little babies in cowboy boots. it certainly was no accident that they made my bagel perfectly and that we had one last episode of project runway to watch (yes, i know, behind the times) so that i spent my saturday in perfection. i get it, new york. you're nervous, afraid i'm going to south carolina and will come back changed, in love, maybe a little more tan. (well, i can hope, right?)

but don't worry, my darling. you will always be my first love, my last love, (and dare i be too carrie bradshaw), one of my greatest loves. so let's make next week special; i haven't gone out in far too long. we'll go on a date on thursday, take in the sights and sounds of this bright-lights big city. i'll miss you, but i know this absence will make my heart grow fonder.

goodbye for now (only a few days!),
m

No comments: