Friday, March 7, 2008

things about today that made me happy


+ i am a big time nerd for real estate. i love looking at and considering property (when i lived at home, it was my mother and my hobby--we went out every weekend looking at places she and my father could potentially buy. ah, to be in their price bracket.) anyways, s and i are moving (due to a long list of complaints about the current place, including the reason i am blogging the living room and not from the comfort of my usually dry bed) and that means i get to look at apartments. i spent the morning touring studios with mk, and fell in love with a brooklyn heights one bedroom. keep those fingers crossed. (by the way: do we think a 12% brokers fee is criminal? that's $2200 people. i think that's highway robbery, even if colin is the nicest.) i have included a photo of my (hopefully) future bedroom. you know, where the magic happens. as they say on cribs.

+ i got to go to tisserie, the cutest little coffee shop in union square. their tartlets look like little jewels, and while i have never had one, i think they are the prettiest, cutest desserts ever. plus they make a delicious almond latte.

+ i met a good friend of mine from college at said tisserie, for coffee and theatre talk. he's a playwrite, a great one, and likes me as a person and as an actress, and wants to collaborate on something, which makes me extremely happy. i miss acting, i sincerely do, and i think i was hoping i wouldn't feel that way, but it keeps getting stronger. having someone in my life who encourages me as an actress (and is not a member of my family) and has the means to really get something going is inspiring.

+ we then met up with a dear friend of mine from college who was in town on spring break (ohh, the jealousy i feel!) we went to dinner at heartland brewery (what with this being a midwest reunion and all) and talked about old friends and had a lovely evening. i trained uptown with him and braved the rain and times square to see him off to his show. this is one of the best things about living in new york: everyone wants to come to new york, so everyone visits me, and wants to go out in my city, which means that i get to see people i otherwise would never get to. which is great, since i miss my friends a lot.

+ s and i came home together and watched lost and talked apartment. now he's looking for jobs and i am typing away, and soon we will snuggle under the blankets and talk future. and nothing makes me happier than that.

what made you happy today, blog?

No comments: